Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Crave won't load on Roku 3 (4200x)

Jump to solution

Recently subscribed to Crave and installed the channel on my Roku 3 (4200x).  O/S etc is all up to date, app version is v0 321 - released Aug12 2020.

Channel will open (Crave splashscreen), goes black for a few seconds, shows the splashscreen for a few more seconds and the closes.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Crave won't load on Roku 3 (4200x)

Jump to solution

Had to do a Factory Reset in the end.... Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JayDubyah 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Removed Crave, re-started device, no change.  I’ve subscribed to Crave over their website and can play movies on my phone but not in Roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Had tried that, to no avail... just retried again on the off chance that something had changed, but still no dice.

Finally managed to resolve with a Factory Reset.  Slightly annoying, but at least it works now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Had to do a Factory Reset in the end.... Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That’s what the Crave tech support told me to do but I don’t want to have to reload all my other channels.  

is this the only option? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've tried pretty much everything else I can think of, or have found as suggestions online - this is the only one that has worked to date

0 Kudos