Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

It's still on Version 10.0.0 Build 4214-92

It says:

Last Update: August 31, 2021 at 10:20p.20211023_142108_(1).jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

One thing that worked for me (factory reset wasn’t an option) was just bringing the TV near the router. I did that originally with the intent of setting up a hard connection, but physical proximity seems to have worked. 2 months later and no issues. 

0 Kudos
RDLewis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I click on the link offered to fix this issue it just goes to the Support homepage… no steps to fixing the issue are shown?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @RDLewis

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? Does it only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RDLewis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the issue on all Channels & Apps, it is not just one platform… also it appears to be getting worse to point that I can’t even get thru one (1) episode of given show without crashing multiple times 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe that this issue will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WallyCPA

Jump to solution

After upgrading to 10.5, I noticed that DirecTV Streaming Fox News crashes when the "Commercial in progress" screen appears. I haven't checked more channels yet. Very frustrating. Is there a current fix?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @WallyCPA

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Navigate to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sending me to the support page only makes looking the solution more difficult. It’s like “Behind this door is the solution.” You open the door and then there’s 50 more doors with a creepy old man behind you with a note pad writing down every door you open to see if the answer’s inside. Just answer the **bleep** question in the first place so people like me won’t go to Google TV which is what I’ll probably end up doing instead of trying to use a product not made by a mega corporation. 

Jump to solution

I'm still having this issue with multiple apps. Some don't work at all anymore. I thought it would be fixed after the last update?