Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylorhoff
Reel Rookie

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

Just had this same thing happen. Brand new streambar, all apps crash within about 20-30 seconds and I’m back at the Roku Home Screen. Did it ever work itself out? 

0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not yet. I need to get the Roku team my device info. Been way too busy 😊

0 Kudos
Taylorhoff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
@Shantih wrote:

I had a similar problem with my Streambar. In my case I found that turning off “1-touch play” under the System - Control Other Devices menu fixed this issue for me.

This worked on my brand new streambar that I was having issues with today. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is unchecked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is why being able to chat or talk to a person in real time would be helpful. The links posted here and elsewhere on the website, are broken.

I too am having this same issue with my basic Roku Express across all services.

How do I send you the information you request without sharing it with the whole community?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@NewStreamer 

This thread is nearly 2 years old, and it isnt clear what links you are referring to.

Unfortunately Roku limits their "agent assisted" support to higher end models/Roku TVs, so your Express doesnt qualify.

If you have apps not opening or closing to home, you might try one of the larger very recent mega threads covering this issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Error-Can-t-run-channel-Prime-Sling-amp-bunch...

If you want to send your device information privately, select one of the Roku personnel and then "send this user a private message" new users are preventing from sending private messages (to reduce spam)

0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ROKU TV-8802X

JVC MODEL#- LT-40MAT588

SERIAL NUMBER- YK004G879761

SOFTWARE VERSION AND BUILD- 10.0.0 4214-92

DEVICE ID- KGN894879761

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MommaGigi

Thanks for the post.

Is this happening on a specific channel or does it happen across multiple channels on your Roku TV?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's happening across many different channels. I have deleted and reinstalled the channels and no luck. It's very frustrating. I'm currently running 10.0.0 will my tv be able to upgrade to the newest version and build? Could that maybe fix the issue? Or can my TV be getting old? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MommaGigi

Thanks for the follow up.

Your TV should be eligible for the newest Roku OS when it becomes available. Have you already tried checking for a Roku OS update on your Roku TV through: Settings > System > System update > Check now?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos