Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution
Since an update, I think, last night. No matter what channel I am on, Roku will randomly crash and go back to the Roku screen. It will remain on this screen until I turn off my TB for a few minutes. Then I can finally get back to the home screen. This happens several times since last night.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution
Hi there

Thanks for reaching out. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Have you purchased the new pokemon games for nintendo switch by chance? Apparently there's a signal issue that it affecting roku players unless the game is played in airplane mode
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
This is happening with mine too. I don’t own a switch but from what I’m seeing, the game is sending out signals and the TVs are picking up the signals. Since the tv isn’t meant to pick up the signal and doesn’t know what to do with it, it crashes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
Hi there

Thanks for reaching out. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos