Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamMatti
Level 7

Crashing Channels

As of earlier this week Hulu, Disney +, ESPN, and other channels on my home screen will mot open. It flashes to the screen where it displays the app’s name, and then immediately goes back to the home screen. I have already removed and redownloaded these channels with no luck. My network settings are good and other channels like Netfliz and HBO Max work. Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Crashing Channels

Since more than one channel is involved, first thing I'd do would be a system restart.  Just like rebooting a computer, this can often clear out any systematic problems.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

If that doesn't fix it...

When reinstalling channels, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel to be sure you get a clean reinstall. Did you do this when you reinstalled those channels?  If not, try reinstalling again:

• remove one or more problem channels
  • restart (you can skip if you have NOT attempted to run the removed channels since the prior restart)
  • reinstall 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos