Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wc5b
Level 7

Crackle - How do I pick episodes??

It only ever plays the first episode of a series. I can go from one to the next to the next, but I can't then go back in and select the episode I left off. When I go to the series, I click OK and it brings up 3 dots, No matter what I do, I either exit out or it does not do anything. The only thing I can do is click OK again and it starts playing from the start of episode 1. The only thing I can do is fast forward to each episode waiting for each commercial break??? There has to be a better way built in! I can go to the website and pick an episode. How could they make the Roku app this bad in that you can't?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
john262
Level 7

Re: Crackle - How do I pick episodes??

That new Crackle interface is horrendous. I gave up on it and deleted it.
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

I agree Crackle is unusable with Roku. I use the search on my PC or smartphone and then cast it Chromecast. This works pretty good.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
wc5b
Level 7

Apperantly when you click OK and the three dots come on, you then have to select down then ok to go into the details. It looks great, and has come a long ways, but it could be a bit more intuative or have some sort of help feature.
0 Kudos
trswartz
Level 7

I can't even get Crackle to work anymore on my Roku. It asked me to register again (I have watched Crackle on Roku for years with no problems), but once I registered it will no longer connect...it just goes back to my Roku home page. Sad because I really liked Crackle. Anyone else come up with a fix for this?
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

"trswartz" wrote:
I can't even get Crackle to work anymore on my Roku. It asked me to register again (I have watched Crackle on Roku for years with no problems), but once I registered it will no longer connect...it just goes back to my Roku home page. Sad because I really liked Crackle. Anyone else come up with a fix for this?

Yep get a Chromecast and Crackle works great. I gave up ever thinking the Roku Crackle channel would ever be reliable.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
Doc-D
Level 7

Selecting Episodes: O’h it’s there, the most horrendous unintuitive selection process I have ever seen. It's not like what it used to be (at least on other devices) where you could select a show/series then the episode (that was so easy), now the app seems to be written by someone who seems to enjoy watching a drop of water coming out of a faucet most of the day when not coding or someone starring at a paper clip after it hits the floor, all day. Sorry but I just spent 19 minutes of listening to bad elevator music on ROKU without ever having anyone to pick up (I know it’s CRACKLES problem right?, try finding a number there!).

Anyway - Here is what I found to resolve and/or work with this for now.
Everything about Crackle is about timing so don’t delay when you doing this read it through and try it, hopefully you’ll get used to this unintuitive selection process. Sorry it’s them, not us users.

So knowing (timing is an issue with them)

1. Load Crackle from Roku Channels screen, assuming you have it loaded and your Device Activated (the Crackle App will show you how to do this)
2. Hit Up Arrow to get menu select across top of screen if you have the Roku box Activated with Crackle, by the way a Crackle Account is free on crackle.com and let’s you build a watch list if you like to make the selection process faster and more useful for frequently viewed shows. Crackle registration is free still at least as of this date July 2016
3. From the Menu select TV/Movies/Search/or My Crackle. Use Left or Right Arrow and OK, in my example I used My Crackle
4. Select a series or Movie etc you want (e.g Comedian in Cars Getting Coffee)
5. Hit OK it to start playing
6. Wait till AD finishes, (seems like you can’t do much of anything otherwise)
7. Now the show should start playing.
8. It’s odd but Hit the Down Arrow (versus up arrow) to get to and highlight the words ‘Show Details’ on the Mid to lower Right side of your screen. Note control buttons s such as (Play/Pause, FF, and RW) should also display on the screen If you wanted to use them.
9. With the words ‘Show Details’ highlighted now hit OK
10. An ‘ALL Seasons’ heading should now be displayed below on your screen (mid left side of the screen) and the thumbnails below should be the Episodes you might be looking for.
11. Hit the Down Arrow to get to them, then OK to select a particular Episode.

Gee wasn’t that easy, it’s like using a game controller to make coffee only with time constraints. Crackle would prefer you to watch what they are featuring and the Ads they want you to watch if you hesitate or not know how to navigate through this updated app. The worst I have seen is 6-Ads so far with no way to interrupt them (hay it’s free).
0 Kudos
Swilliams03
Level 7

You just push i for info then click OK for more info and pick which ever episode you want.
0 Kudos
Swilliams03
Level 7

It actually says "more details"
0 Kudos