Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juergen
Level 7

Countries and channel suggestions

Jump to solution

I just set my my first Roku Ultra, and I’m in Paraguay. I have a premium subscription with Deezer, but there is no Deezer channel for my region. If there is Spotify, why no Deezer?

I tried to leave feedback, but when I had to select a Roku model, the Ultra isn’t among them. Regardless, I chose “Other” and when the form prompted me to choose a country there were 3 to choose from: USA, Canada and the UK.

I wasn’t very happy with the Chromecast, and this isn’t a good first experience. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Countries and channel suggestions

Jump to solution

@juergen 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@juergen 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Coro
Level 7

Jump to solution

The same problem here. Deezer is availible on all others platforms in my country. So I wrote to Deezer and they said ....

Hey Saso,

Thank you for your chat request today.

This is just a transcript of our Chat: 

Chat started: 2020-10-20 03:08 PM UTC
(03:08:48 PM) Saso: Hello. I am living in Europe - Slovenia and I am Deezer user - family account. Is it possible to use Deezer on My Roku streaming stick+? I can't find it in music chanel store .... Regards
(03:08:48 PM) *** Chatbot joined the chat ***
(03:08:49 PM) Chatbot:
(03:08:49 PM) Chatbot: Hey there, I’m Deezer’s chatbot.
You can ask me anything you like, but if I can’t find the right answer for you I’ll put you through to our support team.
(03:08:50 PM) Chatbot: I'm afraid I don't follow you. Could you try again as clearly as possible, please? Alternatively, you can also chat with an agent if you'd like.
(03:08:51 PM) Chatbot: Would you like me to transfer you?
(03:09:06 PM) Saso: Yes, please
(03:09:07 PM) Chatbot: WIll do, just a moment an agent will join the conversation shortly.
(03:09:14 PM) *** Veronica joined the chat ***
(03:09:14 PM) *** Chatbot left the chat ***
(03:09:21 PM) Veronica: Hello SAso, how are you today?
(03:09:34 PM) Saso: I am OK thank you....
(03:09:43 PM) Veronica: may I have your Deezer email please?
(03:09:52 PM) Saso: saso@xxxxxxx
(03:10:03 PM) Veronica: Thanks! One moment please while I check your account.
(03:12:52 PM) Veronica: Found you
(03:12:57 PM) Veronica: is it regarding Roku right?
(03:13:01 PM) Veronica: yes you can
(03:13:02 PM) Veronica: https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001143905-Roku
(03:13:07 PM) Veronica: here is all the information you need
(03:13:31 PM) Veronica: wich country are you?
(03:13:45 PM) Saso: Slovenia
(03:14:00 PM) Veronica: aww ok, give me a second to check on that
(03:14:14 PM) Veronica: you may be not eligible for country
(03:14:28 PM) Saso: OK
(03:15:43 PM) Saso: Link on this site doesnt't give me the option to add deezer chanel on roku.....
(03:16:00 PM) Veronica: is not available in Slovenia yet
(03:16:09 PM) Veronica: sorry Saso
(03:16:36 PM) Veronica: maybe if you contact them on a forum and ask to collaborate on activate the service in Slovenia,
(03:16:52 PM) Veronica: as we are always willing, but it's both sides collaboration
(03:17:11 PM) Saso: OK Veronica. Thank you for your help!
(03:17:24 PM) Veronica: no problem at all, is a pleasure!
(03:17:26 PM) Veronica: I would appreciate Saso if you can rate our conversation. Just need to press the hand Smiley Happy also, if you have some extra time, you can leave a comment.
Thank you in advance for your time. Have a lovely day 🎶😉👌

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

0 Kudos