Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patty5
Level 7

Couldn't sign in to AT&T TV, this fixed my problem

I tried for days to get AT&T TV on a new Roku Streaming Stick+.  I initially got a sign-on screen but goofed and used my old AT&T signon (they made us change to email address a while back).  After that one failed log-in, I was unable to get a new log-in screen. 

Instead, when I clicked on the AT&T TV channel, I got a flash of blue, the AT&T TV logo, and then the screen just went to solid black. I think I was somewhere in AT&T limbo, though, because when I backed out of the black screen, a question popped up asking if I was sure I wanted to sign out of AT&T.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel, unplugging the Roku, doing a couple of factory resets. Tech support for both Roku and AT&T tried to no avail.  I pulled out an old Roku I don't use any more and got the same black screen for AT&T.  I realized that these two devices had something in common: Both held my former AT&T signon. 

I went to my account at Roku's website and enabled guest access on my new Roku streaming stick. That allowed me the privilege of a fresh log-in screen for AT&T.  Bingo, AT&T TV was working for me as a guest, signing on with my correct AT&T account.  Next, I disabled my guest access (on the website) to see if AT&T TV would still work under my regular Roku account.  It did! 

I'd love to know why it worked, but the point is that it worked, and I'm sharing in case this approach helps someone else.

Labels (2)