Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Could not add prime video? I’m in the USA

I live in the USA roku tv gives me message channel install failed could not add ‘prime video’. Any remedy to this
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Could not add prime video? I’m in the USA

Any chance your Roku account was originally created in another country? That would block access. Another might be if you're running a VPN. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Could not add prime video? I’m in the USA

@Lonelyruko1 

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If a channel isn't appearing in Search, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos