Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Continuous log-in with Disney +

Jump to solution

For about 3 days now I have to keep logging into my Disney+ account.. I log in watch shows abd movies with my 1 year old, everything is fine. But when we are done, I go to home screen, turn the TV off. When we return back to Disney + I have to keep signing into my account.. It's becoming annoying 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Continuous log-in with Disney +

Jump to solution

@Dnique22 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Disney+  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by first running a systems update in the roku menu. It is located in the left side of the screen in the Roku home page, setting>system>system update. It should restart the device automatically or you can do a  restart in the same menu.

Then I removed the Disney+ channel and reloaded the channel again. I did have to re enter my log in info but have not had to again since then.

I hope this works for you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Not having that issue myself. The first step to try when a channel is acting up is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, don't skip) then add the channel back in. If the channel code was corrupted for some reason, that usually resolves the problem. If it continues, then Disney has a problem with their channel and only they can resolve it. Roku does not provide the support for the channel, as they themselves did not create it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried to go to the Disney App from the home screen and hit the * button for options, but it did not give me the option to remove the channel so that I can reboot, restart, etc... Only option other than rating, updates, info, etc was to cancel subscription. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dnique22 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Disney+  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by first running a systems update in the roku menu. It is located in the left side of the screen in the Roku home page, setting>system>system update. It should restart the device automatically or you can do a  restart in the same menu.

Then I removed the Disney+ channel and reloaded the channel again. I did have to re enter my log in info but have not had to again since then.

I hope this works for you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos