Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Continue watching this channel

Jump to solution

A few weeks ago while watching a channel,I noticed a small window pop-up that says "continue watching/and something about do not stop in future. It starts a 30 second count down. If you do not grab the remote and hit the select button it kills that channel and goes to home screen.. REALLY? 30 seconds? Takes me longer than that to find the remote and if I have dashed off to take a leak or make a sandwich, I have to go back through the whole search to find what I was watching!

How about a 15 minute warning or ability to kill that popup totally. It is a pain in the backside! Why would it be there anyway?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Continue watching this channel

Jump to solution
If you had a data cap on your internet service that cost you a lot of money when you exceeded your data download limit you'd understand what this is all about. It's to protect you from having an unattended system continue streaming unviewed data, and kicks in when the Roku has gone 4 hours with no input from the remote or mobile Roku app. If you don't want to utilize this feature, turn off the "Bandwidth saver" option via Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Continue watching this channel

Jump to solution
If you had a data cap on your internet service that cost you a lot of money when you exceeded your data download limit you'd understand what this is all about. It's to protect you from having an unattended system continue streaming unviewed data, and kicks in when the Roku has gone 4 hours with no input from the remote or mobile Roku app. If you don't want to utilize this feature, turn off the "Bandwidth saver" option via Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos