Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichunes
Level 8

Continue Watching - Turn off "Press OK to Continue" prompt.

Does anyone know how to stop the Roku from asking me to press ok to continue watching after I have been watching for a while? Having to press ok several times during a marathon is really annoying.
36 Replies
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: Turn off "Press OK to Continue" prompt.

We'd need to know which channel you're referring to before we can help you. That being said, it's probably unlikely that the channel owner would have given you the ability to disable that "feature" as its purpose is to prevent users from using their bandwidth unnecessarily (like accidentally turning off the television without stopping the stream first).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
mikeyts
Level 7

In this age of Switched Digital VIdeo many cable channels will do the same thing (though possibly less often than your streaming video channel).
0 Kudos
meandme
Level 7

yea, like said. It's a way from wasting bandwidth when someone walks away for awhile. Just like how people leave lights on in another room, or the tv n while they're gone on vacation. lol
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

...and just to be clear, it's implemented by the channel owner, not Roku, so there's no
global setting on the box to turn it off.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
ichunes
Level 8

It is the Neflix channel that I have noticed the prompt come up. I haven't seen the message with the other channel;s because I do not watch them as much.
0 Kudos
meandme
Level 7

I have never saw it happen on netflix. Did you have like a playlist or something setup where it played 1 movie right after another or something? Longer than like 2 hours or whatever?
0 Kudos
ichunes
Level 8

"TheEndless" wrote:
We'd need to know which channel you're referring to before we can help you. That being said, it's probably unlikely that the channel owner would have given you the ability to disable that "feature" as its purpose is to prevent users from using their bandwidth unnecessarily (like accidentally turning off the television without stopping the stream first).

It is netflix that it is happening on. I understand what the prompt is to limit bandwidth. I just which it wouldn't appear in the middle of a program. The message prompt should only appear at the end during the ending credits.
Also none of my other streaming boxes...boxee, wd, ps3, xbox will interrupt the viewing session like the netflix app on roku does.
0 Kudos
ichunes
Level 8

"meandme" wrote:
I have never saw it happen on netflix. Did you have like a playlist or something setup where it played 1 movie right after another or something? Longer than like 2 hours or whatever?

No playlist. I am just watching episodes of certain shows in order. The prompt usually comes up after a couple of hours and right in the middle of a program. That is the most annoying part.
TheEndless
Level 7

"ichunes" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:

It is netflix that it is happening on. I understand what the prompt is to limit bandwidth. I just which it wouldn't appear in the middle of a program. The message prompt should only appear at the end during the ending credits.
Also none of my other streaming boxes...boxee, wd, ps3, xbox will interrupt the viewing session like the netflix app on roku does.

I have never seen any such prompt in Netflix. In fact, it doesn't even make sense in Netflix, because it's not possible to leave that channel streaming indefinitely. Are you sure it's not a message that your TV is putting up?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos