Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Content search through Roku Search

Jump to solution

Roku search engine to date has been incredible but now I'm not so sure. Searching for a released film titled "Moffie" there are no results. Searching for the channel that released this is Curzon Media and to my surprise it is not in channel search. What's up? How could you miss this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Content search

Jump to solution

@MikeyBurns 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that when using Roku Search, content is only available if the channel provider allows.

For more information on having a channel show up on Roku Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for requests and suggestions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@MikeyBurns wrote:

Roku search engine to date has been incredible but now I'm not so sure. Searching for a released film titled "Moffie" there are no results. Searching for the channel that released this is Curzon Media and to my surprise it is not in channel search. What's up? How could you miss this?

Have you tried Netflix or Hulu apps on Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MikeyBurns 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that when using Roku Search, content is only available if the channel provider allows.

For more information on having a channel show up on Roku Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for requests and suggestions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

I just tried voice (and keyboard) search for the movie "Parasite" on Roku Ultra and the result only lists Apple TV.  No other providers are listed.  A google search of this movie shows it is currently available on - Hulu, YouTube, Google Play, Amazon Prime and Vudu.  What happened?

0 Kudos