Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chvelle
Level 7

Constantly having to reactivate/sign in on YouTube

For about a week now, each time I get ready to watch youtube, I have to sign back in and activate the TV. Earlier today, I left both the TV and Youtube on autoplay, when i got back 2 hrs later, I had been logged out of youtube again. Any ideas how to fix the problem? Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Constantly having to reactivate/sign in on YouTube

I have YouTube logged in on all my Roku boxes, and I can't recall ever needing to sign back in with any of them. Some of them might go days or weeks without opening YT, but haven't had an issue. Maybe it was a fluke.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Chvelle
Level 7

I thought something might of updated, so I deleted Youtube and reinstalled it, but it still logs me out. I searched thru YouTube's account without success. It's kinda irritating.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

Been having this problem with Netflix. It really sucks.
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

I watch YouTube some, but don't use login.

I've had Netflix since around 2010 (?). Used Netflix on 4 Rokus over the years (3 currently - Premiere +, 4210R, N1000). I don't remember any time when I had to 'reactivate/sign in again' to Netflix for any of my Rokus (other than when I pressed the reset pin on bottom of the N1000 once).
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

I don't use Youtube on Roku (interface too sluggish, esp. in re to skipping ads), but it was doing that to me on Xbox the last week (and my google account on my Android as well). So it is more than likely a Google/Youtube problem with some users. It's probably part of the greater Youtube problem countless of content providers have been talking about for weeks.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
jrijr
Level 7

I am having an issues with YouTube ads, somewhat similar to the OP

When I watch YouTube on my Roku stick, I will set up several videos to play one after the other. If there is a YouTube ad, it "locks up" the play - it will show 0:01 on the screen, like the ad isn't quite done, but the next video in the queue will not start. I have to close out of YouTube, go back in and redo the video list... But if ads appear it happens again.

I know... #FirstWorldProblems, but still frustrating.
Bloomington, IN. Star Wars fan. Toyota FJ driver. Three Labrador Retrievers. Keto.
0 Kudos
Grimm_Reaper
Level 7

If using a TV, login to YouTube via youtube.com/activate on another device or pc. Once logged in on the TV, navigate to settings and find the selection for youtube on tv. It will give you a 12 digit numerical code. Go back to main device such as your pc and go to youtube settings/youtube on tv. Enter the 12 digit numerical code and it will pair your TV with your youtube account. Problem solved.
0 Kudos
buzzmunkey
Level 7

I have had problems with the roku logging me out but I have it on my tv and I have had it on my tv for quite a while now and in between the first time I logged into youtube on my tv and this latest time I logged into youtube with my roku I have had to login on the roku about at least twice a week and on my tv still hasn't been relooged in.. I am sure i have done it the same exact way for both devices but for whatever the reason the roku keeps kicking me out of being logged in.. I do think it is the roku with the issue..  Not Google youtube..   Just a cheap device I guess.. Might have to buy something else.. Might be time to try to be an adult elsewhere... 
0 Kudos