Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicsalerno
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

Roku express.
Shouldn’t YOU/ROKU contact History channel....since it’s your partnership? We are your customers. Something is wrong between your internal service and your business partner. Please advise.... 

NorthIdahoStrmr
Level 8

Jump to solution

Last night, I went a bit further with checking History Channel

History Channel via the ATT-TV-NOW app functions as expected without the constant clicking.

History Channel via the ROKU app, requires constant clicking after every commercial break.

DonJuanPiano
Level 7

Jump to solution

I experienced the same sorry affair but last night. I utilize History shows whilst i drift into slumber but am required to manually ensure the continual play of the episode following each marketing segment. I could live with the requirement to grant the application authority to proceed forward to the subsequent episode, but upon each intermission is abysmal. History must remedy this situation quickly to avoid continued dissatisfaction. 

0 Kudos
HandyAndy007
Level 7

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

You just need to reset your Roku device. I just went through the same thing with some apps on Roku. First turn off your TV. To reset, there are 2 ways: #1- on the back of your Roku device there is either a button or a pinhole labeled "Reset"Push a pencil or small pen tip in there and reset it or #2: unplug both your HDMI cord and the power cord to the Roku device, either the adapter or TV USB cord, depending on which power method you use. Wait 10 minutes or so and plug both cords back in. Wait for the power light to turn green. Then proceed as you normally would. Just as with routers, your Roku gets full of file pieces and needs to be reset now and then. 

@rkpids wrote:

I am watching the Curse of Oak Island and everytime it goes to thru a series of ads it kicks itself back to the episode screen and I have to hit play again and go thru all the ads before it plays again.   please fix this.  it is annoying as heck.  You are getting your moneys worth with all the ad time.   its getting old and wont be long till i just delete the channel.  Im using the Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
zpierson
Level 7

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue. Also happening with the A&E app.

0 Kudos
PandS31
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried that because I'm having this same issue. It was a good idea but did not work.

I've been dealing with this for over a month on a Roku 3 and an Ultra. It would be nice if Roku would address it with a fix.

0 Kudos
DonJuanPiano
Level 7

Jump to solution

This works for general reset but not this. I deleted the channel entirely and honestly don’t care enough to keep trying. Roku has made it clear in this thread that they will be shifting the blame to History Channel instead of accepting responsibility. Meaning my three Roku devices will be swapped out for Apple TV or Chromcast soon. At least I know their philosophy isn’t, “Well it’s History’s app - shucks not my problem.”

almostblind
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip but I tried both methods and neither one worked. I am still having the reset problem after every commercial break. I tested it on both the history channel during American Pickers and on A&E during Storage Wars. Both shows had the exact same problem of not going back to where it left off before the commercials.

0 Kudos
CDPittman
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have this same issue and have finally decided to drop the History Channel app from Roku. Having to reset and resume programming on one streaming app constantly is ridiculous. Someone, somewhere could fix this. It’s only happening on History Channel. 

Chris Pittman

0 Kudos
Amseum
Level 7

Jump to solution

Go to settings on your Roku then click privacy, then check the box limit target ads or something like that. I was having the same issue but once I did this it helped.

0 Kudos