Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue on every roku I own and even a tcl

@ggreeson wrote:

@RokuTannerD 

I followed all three of your steps below to no avail.

I have a Roku 3, Software version 9.2.0 (Build 4804) Updated 12/10/2019.

I am using History Channel App Version 2.9 (Build 1) No updates available.

I am trying to watch Mountain Men Season 7.  I've had every episode of Season 7 go to commercial and then kick me out.  I then click back on the Mountain Men icon and sometimes it takes me right back where I was in the episode.  Sometimes when I reclick the Mountain Men icon I have to Fast Forward back to where it left off prior to the kick out.

Please help!

tv with roku built it. I am having to watch the interactive commercial 2 or three times cause it stops the show after I hit play it then goes back to the menu where I have I have to hit play again

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Has anyone having this problem contacted Roku Support directly? I have the Roku stick and apparently it does not allow me to call support. It would be nice to hear from someone from Roku regarding this issue or from someone who called Roku support and asked what is going on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I went through the process of sending A&E Networks (owner of A&E, Lifetime and History) the information about the problem along with a link back to this thread but have not yet heard anything back other than:

Hello,

Thank you for your report!

I am going to forward your report to our development team for further review.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused in the meantime.

Best regards,
Watch Apps Support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think the problem has been described well.  Same setup and version here.  The History App does work great when casting to my Vizio from iphone.  I have the issue when running the app through Roku on my TCL. Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. We are helping share this feedback with the channel provider and assisting them in investigating further. 

If you happen to recall which commercials play when this issue occurs, please let us know. This can be helpful when looking into this further. Please also try generating an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly, and provide that number, along with your device's serial number from Settings>System>About. 

I'll follow up with any additional questions, and share any further updates that I hear. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening ro me and it is irritating I have tried the above steps and nothing worked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

From what I have experienced and what others on the thread are saying, it has nothing to do with any particular commercials or set of commercials. This happens on every commercial break, whether it is 1 or 6 commercials. It has more to do with resetting the show after the commercial break to where it left off on the previous segment. It is like the app does not recognize that the show went to a commercial break and wants to start it from the beginning.

Hope this helps explain it better.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

I am having same exact issue with any show on History Channel.  America Picketer, Ancient Aliens, etc.  Almost unwatchable and extremely annoying.  I have multiple types of Roku devices in my home, and happens on all of them.  None of the other channels on Roku work this way.  I have submitted email to History channel. 

Did anyone find a fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I've deleted the channel. It's not worth the frustration. That's sad.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Seems pretty lazy on roku's part.  They've been given sufficient info to duplicate the problem IF they would just watch History channel through a commercial break.