Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

My guess:

Perhaps the commercials on are being transmitted in a different resolution and/or frame rate than the main program. As a result, every time it switches into or out of the commercial breaks, the combined Roku/HDMI/TV system must reconfigure itself to accommodate the change.

Try changing the Roku's "Display type" settings (Home > Settings > Display type) to your TV's native resolution, rather than "Auto" to minimize the disruption caused by the switch.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem and it has been going on for at least a week. I have been watching The Curse of Oak Island. I have a Roku Express.  I notice that the current version of the History app ver. 2.9 is from March 9, 2020. It seems not at all a coincidence that the problem  started about that time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I uninstalled the channel, updated Roku, restarted it, reinstalled the channel and nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

@Elecman007 

Thanks for the note.

If removing the channel, restarting your device and adding the channel back once more does not resolve the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to History Channel Support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the History Channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://history.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same problem with the History channel and A&E. All shows on both History and A&E cut to a commercial break and when the commercials are finished the show goes back to the header and acts like I want to start watching it. I press play to resume and the show goes back to the last few seconds of the previous segment, then it shows a bunch of new commercials. Then it works until the next set of commercials and the whole thing starts over again. I press play, the last few seconds of the show and a bunch of new commercials, over and over. This is especially true on A&E, where the shows resume from the beginning and I have to fast-forward to approximately where I left off and then more commercials. It is really frustrating. I love both of these apps but I just can’t deal with this. I don’t have this problem on any other Roku stations, only History and A&E.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Nailed it! Exactly! I'm a history buff but had to stop watching it

Also doesn't advance to the next episode when one is over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Exactly! It's frustrating. It also does not progress to the next episode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is happening with me on A&E and Lifetime apps. Nearly every show I watch on those apps kick me out after every single commercial break. When I hit resume, it makes me watch a second set of commercials. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Tanner,

This is a very frustrating problem and it seems that I am not the only one experiencing it and not only with History but also A&E and Lifetime. All the apps that A&E corporation manages seem to be having the same problem with their shows when they come out of commercial breaks. It seems to be a problems with A&E Corporation apps and not with Roku other than that the A&E apps are on Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuTannerD 

I followed all three of your steps below to no avail.

I have a Roku 3, Software version 9.2.0 (Build 4804) Updated 12/10/2019.

I am using History Channel App Version 2.9 (Build 1) No updates available.

I am trying to watch Mountain Men Season 7.  I've had every episode of Season 7 go to commercial and then kick me out.  I then click back on the Mountain Men icon and sometimes it takes me right back where I was in the episode.  Sometimes when I reclick the Mountain Men icon I have to Fast Forward back to where it left off prior to the kick out.

Please help!

0 Kudos