Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

Now, in addition to the other problems, when the onslaught of commercials and hitting play 400 times, it starts in the middle of the previous episode.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same situation here,You are not alone,Most likely Roku will tell you that is a Tv provider issue,Is Xfinity you Tv provider ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

hey guys - the issue is not resolved yet, we are aware. Apparently new version of the app has to be published and is undergoing testing - so hopefully within a week it will be out. Keep an eye for when the version changes (to check, press `*` button when positioned on History tile), current one is 2.9.1 - expect newer one

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you and will do!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku Express that’s doing the same thing with this app only. Tried removing and restarting my system to no avail. I went to watchapps@aenetworks.com and asked them to fix it. Hopefully they’ll be expedient. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Are you working on the aetv live stream crash on Fri and Sat night's at 8pm central time using Xfinity as the tv provider?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hey Roku, I think you should treat the reported channel behaviors as bugs!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with the History channel. It appears after reading this thread that there is little interest on the part of Roku and History channel to get together and fix the problem. I guess that’s why so many have decided to change platforms. This is a frustrating issue. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can confirm the History and Lifetime Apps were still doing this as of April 16, 2020, as I tried watching shows on both and had to suffer through hitting resume after every double commercial break.

0 Kudos