Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

I have removed history channel and re added it.  Now it wont play at all and keeps asking for re authentication...

This is terrible.  WHy cant both ROKU and History get it together?  Now no one can watch anything....

Level 9

Jump to solution

Nope, I still can't watch History or A&E. Both have been updated to the 3.0 version and now, like Ratfink11, I too am being asked to re authenticate but there is nowhere to do that. I am so mad I could chew nails. This is total B.S!!!! Why, oh why can't I watch my two favorite stations without there always being a problem. I am so close to throwing my Roku in the trash and going with someone else. IF ANYONE FROM ROKU or A&E NETWORKS or ANYONE, ANYWHERE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND DO IT SOON!!!

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I have History channel v3.0 too.  if you are not authenticated, if you go into channel, then go to the top LIVE TV option, you should get screen to sign in.  Do you see that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The 3.0 update DID resolve the issue for me on both Lifetime and History (I updated A&E as well, but haven't attempted to watch anything yet).

I am NOT experiencing the authentication issue being described recently. I didn't even need to log back in with my subscriber info after I updated to the 3.0 version of the channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I am logged in. The problem is that just logging in does not solve the problem. It shows that all the episodes are locked with a key symbol. When I try to watch an episode it says that I have to "sign in with my provider". I go to History.com/Activate where is wants me to "Activate Your Device". It gives me the option to sign in with Roku, select your TV provider and enter the "activation code". I don't have a TV provider as I just have Roku. I never had this problem before all the latest problems. I was always able to watch History and A&E on Roku without a TV provider. Is this something new? The entire reason I went with Roku is that I don't want to have a TV provider and a monthly bill for a bunch of stations that I won't ever watch.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The updated History Channel seems to have fixed the locking up problem. Awesome thank you Roku and History I love this channel!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just more ads now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

After reloading the app and confirming we have the version greater than 3.0 it continues to play for a short time and then stop to reload over and over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

@Deejaca61 

Thanks for the information.

I'd recommend reaching out to History channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the History channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

it happens with every program, a movie, cold case episodes. Every time the commercial breaks comes it really breaks the program it does not go back amd if you hit resume it will start from the beginning. I watch roku in a smart samsung tv, not sure if that makes any difference

0 Kudos