Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

4/17/2020 11:20PM and I’m having the same issue. TCL tv with roku. Every commercial break I need to hit resume. Watch like 7 commercials and half the time it doesn’t even start back at same place it left off at. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This doesn't happen on my firetv, but does on my Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

It happens only on Roku. It happens only with History Channel, A&E Channel and Lifetime Channel (all A&E Network Corporation Apps). They have promised to fix at least the History Channel. It was supposed to be done this week but this week is over and I am about over it too. I tried to watch "American Pickers" last night and after the third segment I was screaming at my TV like a child because it didn't just reset to where I left off but it restarted to the very beginning of the show.

One of the early suggestions was to remove and reinstall the apps. When I did that the problem still existed. It also eliminated my history of what episode I had previously watched and now I don't remember where I left off. History and A&E now only allow me 3 "credits" to watch 3 shows but if I try to watch a show that I have previously watched it takes one of my credits. They say to log in using your TV provider, Roku being one of them. But when I tried to sign in through Roku, A&E said Roku doesn't count even though it is one of the choices. So F^%*ing stupid!

I know Roku and A&E networks are aware of the problem and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Also, hopefully someone from Roku will let us know when it is fixed but I'm not holding my breath. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too can attest that this is and has been happening for a long time on Lifetime via Roku. My wife loves some of these shows but she has almost worn out the remote clicking play  or OK. Ya know, I LOVE seeing the same commercials hundreds of times during a show... NOT! LOL. Hope they fix it soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

That procedure has no effect on correcting the problem. It’s clearly a problem with the History channel on roku. I have resorted to reconnecting my old appletv and I watch the History Channel with no problems.  Also, no problems when viewing history channel on the fire stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So a week as passed and the problem still exist.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

It has been much more than a week. I have recognized this problem for a few months.  I have sent several emails to the history channel but no replies.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

TannerD,  this problem with the history channel episodes stopping and kicking back to the start screen has been going on for months. It happens during the end of a commercial break. When I attempt to resume the episode, it immediately goes back to commercials and it will kick out again. I have written several emails to the history channel, with no replies. This is clearly a problem with the History channel’s Roku app/channel because I don’t have this problem when using my AppleTV or Firestick.  Also, deleting the app, rebooting my Roku Ultra, and reinstalling it, does not solve the problem. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

new version of the app was published today.

check if you have it - when on "History" tile, press the star [*] button on remote and if version listed is under 3.0, click "Check for updates" from the menu. Then try playing content in the app and let us know. Happy streaming!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The two issues spawning this post have been resolved with the update mentioned. Fixed Lifetime, A&E, History and others. It still needs some work but these issues are gone. Thanks to everyone for your input!

0 Kudos