Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthIdahoStrmr
Level 8

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

They (HISTORY) are making changes.  Things are getting worse.

History channel via ATT TV NOW was functioning as expected until a few days ago.  History has now  changed the functionality of there to similar to their own ROKU app.  On the History ATT TV NOW, the screen goes BLACK at the commercial time, locks up the ROKU device and requires exit, relaunch atttvnow app, return to history channel, resume.

0 Kudos
Rdiaz333
Level 7

Jump to solution

Obviously they haven't attempted to fix it because I'm having the same problems(month later). There are literally more commercials then show time. Really disappointed. It shouldn't be this hard to fix. Was about to purchase multiple devices for family, but if this is the way problems are handled.....

Koolaid
Level 8

Jump to solution

Your better off watching History and A&E right on your streaming service app. The roku has been doing that for quite some time and they have been ignoring the issue so I don’t know if it will ever be fixed!! 

Koolaid
Level 8

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

It has been doing this for quite a few weeks now and your better of watching the network right through the streaming app rather than on the network app. Its been a constant known problem with any roku!!  

Koolaid
Level 8

Jump to solution

Your better off watching Any A&E or history shows on your streaming service app. This has been a continuous problem with roku!

0 Kudos
Koolaid
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku has has this problem with history channel and A&E for a while now it has nothing to do with the app itself! Its a connection issue with the roku and roku needs to come up with a solution to have it fixed!!

AZStreamMan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Often other streaming apps do not have the more recent shows on their apps, or only very limited numbers of them. Some of the streaming services require payment for the show where it would be free on the A&E/History apps.

AZStreamMan
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Koolaid wrote:

Roku has has this problem with history channel and A&E for a while now it has nothing to do with the app itself! Its a connection issue with the roku and roku needs to come up with a solution to have it fixed!!

It is a poor workman who blames their tools. If it were a Roku problem, I'd think the other apps which have precisely the same advertisements and advertisement breaks would have the same issues. So, I don't buy that answer.

0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

i believe "History" made some server tweaks that should resolve the issue. Can someone - who experienced it prior - please check and confirm (or deny) if it is fixed now? 

0 Kudos
Texascowboymc1
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is not just the history channel it does it on multiple channels. It's something with the roku and I wish yall would fix this. I've reset multiple times so dont even suggest this I've deleted and added back the channels doesnt help. 

0 Kudos