Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almostblind
Level 9

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

Thank you for the tip - I tried exactly what you suggested but it did not work. After re-setting the privacy and the ad content I tried watching Pawn Stars on History and the problem with the reset did the same thing after every commercial break. I believe it is a problem with A&E Network Corporations's App that is supplied to Roku and A&E needs to fix it. There is definitely a problem with History and A&E and Lifetime and it is the same problem on all channel apps from A&E Network Corp. apps and it is Roku's responsibility to have A&E Network Corp. the problem fixed. 

Phils
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please fix the history channel app!

ProSkillzInc
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dear God, this is clearly a known issue, why has it not been fixed yet??????

almostblind
Level 9

Jump to solution

I agree, Why hasn't it been fixed? Why hasn't Roku responded to these posts? Why Hasn't History, A&E or anyone responded to these posts. I would have assumed that someone from Roku might monitor their community to see what the community is saying about them. I don't know what it will take other then everyone dropping Roku or History or both. Is there anyone out there who cares about the customer and who will let us know what is going on? Please!

Julaws4661
Level 9

Jump to solution

Exactly. And as everyone points out, this isn't a random issue. I love the history channel but I've stopped watching it because it's frustrating. Now it gives me the choice of commercials or 30 second commercial but it won't let you interact thus you end up watching the same thing 2 or 3 times. This needs to be addressed as I have no hesitation to open a BBB case and FTC case, in addition to seeking reimbursement of any subscription costs I paid.

RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences. We have alerted the channel provider of the issue in their channel (app), passed along your reports, and have assisted them in working toward a resolution. Once they are able to resolve the issue in their channel and provide an update, this should help get things back on track. Please continue to follow up with the channel provider directly for more information or status updates. You can reach them directly here: https://history.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I will be sure to share any other news that I hear as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Julaws4661
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's not our responsibility, it's yours

RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Julaws4661 Thanks for the note. Roku does not develop channels (apps) directly. These are developed by each channel provider themselves. We are a device platform that offers the ability for channel/service providers to publish channels (apps) in the channel store for their services. If there is a specific issue in one channel, the channel provider will need to address the issue and update their channel in order to resolve the issue. This is similar to if a particular app on your mobile phone isn't functioning correctly. Your mobile phone manufacturer wouldn't be able to resolve the issue—it would need to be addressed by the app developer in order to get resolved. In this case, we are making every effort to assist the channel provider in resolving the issue, and hope to see further resolution soon. 

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any additional questions I can help answer. 

Thanks,

Tanner

ggreeson
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just FYI, I emailed History (via A&E) at watchapps@aenetworks.com

If more would email that would be great.

They will request the following, so have it in your original email.

Please answer the following questions:
1. What model of Roku and app version are you using?
2. Was this the first time you downloaded the app and saw this issue? Was there a version of the app that worked for you?
3. Did you recently update to the latest version of the app and then experience the issue?
4. Where are you experiencing this issue? If during a show, what show or episode did you watch the most and notice the issues? Did you try any other shows?
5. Can you tell us if any commercials appeared before the issue, if so what commercials?
6. Are you logged in to the app? If you are, who is your cable or satellite TV provider?
7. Does your cable package include/support the channel?
8. Please try to delete the app, reboot your device, re-install the app and let us know if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Richm1224
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any word on this Tanner? I think it’s happening for a lot of people who are confined to their homes and probably already a little frustrated. 
we appreciate you posting the fix on this thread when you get it.

God Bless