Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

I watch the History channel app a lot. The program starts and plays, then a commercial shows. Then it takes me back to the screen for the episode I'm watching and I have to hit resume. It then shows more commercials and the show picks up again. It does that on every commercial break. The show won't play through if I'm not pressing the resume button each break.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

new version of the app was published today.

check if you have it - when on "History" tile, press the star [*] button on remote and if version listed is under 3.0, click "Check for updates" from the menu. Then try playing content in the app and let us know. Happy streaming!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
109 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

I am watching the Curse of Oak Island and everytime it goes to thru a series of ads it kicks itself back to the episode screen and I have to hit play again and go thru all the ads before it plays again.   please fix this.  it is annoying as heck.  You are getting your moneys worth with all the ad time.   its getting old and wont be long till i just delete the channel.  Im using the Roku Ultra

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same problem, on all 3 of my Roku Ultras. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but, same result. My daughter has a different streaming player and she doesn’t have this problem when viewing the History Channel. You are absolutely right they are getting their moneys worth with the commercials. I am not exaggerating, but it seems as if they play commercials every four minutes. 

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the channel?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory.

4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.

5. Highlight channel and install.

6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I have tried deleting the app and restarting my Roku Ultra several times and reinstalling the History Channel app. Same problem occurs 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

OMG I thought it was just me having these issues. What is going on here? I can't even watch the channel anymore its impossible

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Exactly! I stopped watching it all together. All it does is piss me off. It's a great channel too!

Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. Have you contacted the channel provider yet to report the issue and see what assistance they are able to offer? 

In general, if you encounter an issue inside a channel, try the following steps: 

1. Remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Restart your device from Settings>System>System restart

3. Add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels' on the Roku home screen. 

If that still isn't resolving the issue, please let us know a few more details about the model of Roku device you are using from Settings>System>About, along with the specific content you are trying to watch (TV show & season/episode), and any additional details about the ads you see playing. We'll help pass feedback along to the channel provider from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Please read my post again. This issue isn't about specific commercials. It's about having to hit resume after every break. Shows, any shows,, won't play all the way through.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Julaws4661  Thanks for following up. We ask for additional details such as this to help take a closer look, and pass along feedback. This can help teams reproduce the issue when investigating. Please try the recommended troubleshooting, and if still unresolved, feel free to provide the requested information so we can help assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos