Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Concurrent Steams Limit on CBS

I am able to steam some channels using my cable login but I receive an error message when trying to steam CBS:

Concurrent Steams Limit

You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous video streams for your account. To view this video, close the other videos you're watching and try again.

I only have one Roku device and nothing else is streaming. Help!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Concurrent Steams Limit

Do you mean CBS All Access?  You did not actually specify it by it's full name.  If it is (and I think it is by your own description), you are limited by just 2 simultaneous concurrent streams per account.   First check if someone else is using it too on your account with your permission.  If not, check to see someone else has your email and password and is using it without your permission.  

If you can or cannot determine if your account is being access by someone other than yourself, the best thing to do is quickly change your password.  I would consider using another email address as well, but the most crucial sensitive part of your log in info is your password.  Make the new one not guessable, not so easy to decipher, and very drawn out and difficult to type.  Please no 123456, ABCXYZ, PASSWORD sort of thing.

I change my passwords, PIN passcodes, and the like periodically as to make sure if  these sensitive information falls into the wrong hands, it won't work anyway.  Try it.  If this does not work, then contact CBS All Access directly.  The phone number and other contact information is on their website. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have had the same thing for CBS All Access app. Does this reply suggest to change the password for the app alone, or the Roku altogether? I do not get that message for any other app I've tried.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@TJNies wrote:

I have had the same thing for CBS All Access app. Does this reply suggest to change the password for the app alone, or the Roku altogether? I do not get that message for any other app I've tried.

That suggestion would be for the app/channel. That's just to preclude someone else using the same account. You haven't seen it from other channels because they all have different concurrent limits, assuming they have any in the first place. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can you find out which devices are being used for streaming?  None of my devices are currently "streaming" anything. So How can you find out what the message means.

Concurrent Streams Limit 

You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous video streams for your account.  To view this video, close the other videos you're watching and try again.  

How can you tell which devices are streaming.  The rest of the devices are OFF, so I don't understand. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@slackir wrote:

Can you find out which devices are being used for streaming?  None of my devices are currently "streaming" anything. So How can you find out what the message means.

Concurrent Streams Limit 

You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous video streams for your account.  To view this video, close the other videos you're watching and try again.  

How can you tell which devices are streaming.  The rest of the devices are OFF, so I don't understand. 

There's no way from the Roku side to know what devices are streaming, because it might not be a Roku. It could be a smart TV or some other streaming device. And if someone else knows your login for this service in question they might be using your account as well. Only the provider has the potential to tell you what is using your account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Concurrent Steams Limit on CBS

Has anyone solved this?  Having same problem and tried to contact CBS numerous times with no response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Any success resolving this issue - having the same problem and calls / emails / tweets into CBS have been no help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What I notice is that when you need to log in, you are directed to use another device to enter a code; perhaps that's the issue. I've tried to log out of that device, but doesn't seem too help.

But I haven't done anything more; just don't care enough I guess.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the same error.  Not signed in to cbs; signed in through xfinity.  It is clearly a bug, not an issue of account hacking. 

0 Kudos