Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol679
Level 7

Comparability with ATT Now

I am looking to buy a new Roku and use the ATT Now app. Their site lists compatibility with X versions (e.g. streaming Stick + 3810x) but all available versions list as R, not X). My understanding is that the letter indicates retail (R) versus online (X) sales, but I want to confirm that a R version will allow me to access the ATTNow app.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Comparability with ATT Now

The letter suffixes at the end of the model number just indicate the distribution chain (seller, or in some cases geographic region) the unit was sold through.  All units with the same NUMBER are physically the same.  If it is a model whose supplied remote has some direct-to-channel access buttons on the remote, which channel access buttons you get may depend on your particular distribution chain.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos