Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Commericals. In Spanish on Roku TV

@donna_bartlett wrote:

Jordan that would not change the content of what roku is allowing in their channel

Then you’re basically out of luck, and you would have to contact the developer of the app.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
TRAVINE
Reel Rookie

I believe they are not referring to an app, just the Roku channel itself. 

I agree 100%. If I were watching in Spanish that’s a different story. It’s getting out of hand trying to include everyone all the time. I speak English and I’m watching in English, I’m getting frustrated that these Spanish commercials are coming on while I’m watching tv. It only happens on peacock for me and when I researched I came up with the fact that peacock is releasing a Spanish channel but that doesn’t mean they need to pop up on my shows? Just as I’m sure people don’t want English commercials on the Spanish channel they are releasing. It’s annoying. 

Smart_gal
Channel Surfer

Hi friend, I kind of started this thread. This happens on both my Roku channels and also / more so on the channels that came with my TV. My smart TV came with pre-loaded channel selection via Samsung. I’ve decided that every sponsor of these Spanish ads I will stop supporting. Michelin tires? Won’t ever shop there. Chik-fil-a? Not going there either. T- mobile does it so I’m switching phone providers. Hit them where it hurts until they STOP. It’s bad enough we have thousands coming across our borders impacting health and education services. STOP the Spanish language ads on English TV channels. Please 

TQ1177

Agreed. What happened to America where we speak 1 language as the main one? If I moved to Mexico I'd be learning Spanish in a heartbeat out of respect. It doesn't help people who are trying to learn the English language to put things in their original language. Immersion is the best teacher. Before anyone says otherwise, my husband is from Mexico and so are his many family members that are here. Guess who speaks, reads and writes the best English and learned the fastest? Yes, my husband who speaks to us in English and watched tv in English. He has family members that have been here 20 years and don't speak half as good as he learned in 5 years. This goes for all from a foreign country. America used to understand this concept. 

0 Kudos