Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isutrout

Commercials repetitive on Fox and Other channels

Who controls commercials?  I am really getting sick of watching the same commercial 4 or 5 times in a row during each commercial break.  Roku?  Cable Network?  Advertiser?  The result is I turn it off, so it only works to aggravates the user.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Commercials repetitive on Fox and Other channels

Generally, the app/service is the one that sells the advertising.

When a commercial comes on that I don't want to watch, I will run to the fridge, check email, work on a Sudoku puzzle, check the Roku Support Boards, or something.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@isutrout wrote:

Who controls commercials?

I honestly don't know.  On cable, the local cable company can insert their own commercials in at least some of the channels and programs they carry.  I don't know if this carries over to streamers like Roku or not.  I suppose it probably depends on the terms of the carriage agreements between Roku and the individual channels.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

i think the ad is automatic and it will disappear when we pay?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@cordellgutkows wrote:

i think the ad is automatic and it will disappear when we pay ??bubble shooter

When you pay what? I don't think Fox offers a no-commercial option on their app.

Come to think of it, I'm not certain we know what apps you or OP are using. So...

What Roku app are you using to watch Fox? The Fox Now app? Hulu (specify if Hulu + Live TV)? YouTube TV? Which apps?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rwadraa7
Channel Surfer

To be honest I do not know. On cable, a local cable company can place their ads on at least some of the channels and programs they carry. I do not know if this affects currents like Roku or not. It probably depends on the terms of the transport agreements between Roku and individual routes.

0 Kudos
rpgoodman

I use the fox now app to watch football on Sundays and it is almost unusable because the same 4 commercials play every single break. It's been this way for years. These same commercials. So you think you can dance Jr, "turn it up loooooud, make it go faaaaast", "he jumps, he shoots, he scores," and "the terrorists have won." I cant use this app if I have to see these commercials again

0 Kudos
Mavery2375

Yea wtf is going on?! 

0 Kudos