Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercials appear on subscription to UP Faith and Family on the Roku Channel

Suddenly, we have commercials on our paid subscription to Up Faith & Family on The Roku Channel. I’ll pay for this channel through Roku. It has been commercial free up to this point. Why has it changed? And how can I go back to a commercial free experience on this paid subscription?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Commercials appear on subscription to UP Faith and Family on the Roku Channel

Contact Up Faith & Family.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Commercials appear on subscription to UP Faith and Family on the Roku Channel

Hi Ricky. Were you able to contact the channel partner?

Let us know if you have any other inquiries.

0 Kudos
Acalhoun

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Initially there were no commercials while watching the Up Faith and Family station on Roku.  Now there is a $ sign for each episode, as if I need to pay to watch without commercials. I contacted Up Faith and Family and they said they are commercial free.  

How do I get the commercial off ROKU?

Many thanks for your help. 

Amy

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Acalhoun

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware watching content on The Roku Channel is much different than watching content from within the channel directly. Have you already tried accessing the content through the channel directly as opposed to watching within The Roku Channel?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having same problem with the UP channel and I did contact UP and they told me they do not have any commercials. Seems like a ROKU problem but it is impossible to get any response from ROKU.  Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
live2bfree

I have the same with shudder subscription on roku. Not cool. Going to reach out to support.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @live2bfree,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Shudder controls and manages all content within their channel, they can assist with any issues you may be seeing.

You can reach their support team here

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
EMS60
Channel Surfer

Same thing! This is really LAME! For a paid subscription! 

EMS60
Channel Surfer

Why am I paying if there are commercials. 

0 Kudos