Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hankone
Level 7

Comet TV not launching

All channels that I try to launch will launch, except Comet TV.   When launched, Comet TV will give the generic wall paper, then for about one second it will show the rotating icon which looks like it is trying to launch, then the Comet TV wall paper will return, then roku returns to my list of channels.

Is there something I can do to make Comet TV launch?  Again, all other channels that I try have no problem in launching.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Comet TV not launching

The only thing to try is uninstalling Comet, rebooting your Roku, then reinstall Comet. Fwiw, it's doing essentially the same thing for me, wallpaper, rotating icon, wallpaper, but it does eventually launch, just takes a bit longer than it used to.
0 Kudos
hankone
Level 7

I tried a complete factory reset and the problem is still there.
0 Kudos
robertjm
Level 7

I was excited when I discovered that Comet had a Roku app, and installed it immediately. But, had the exact same problem, where the splash screen would come up, followed by a black screen, followed by the splash screen (Astronaut), before it finally crashed the app, and knocked me out to the main Roku home page. Once it even rebooted the Roku device.

Sent Comet a message on their Twitter page, and their response to me was that older streaming sticks were not supported, and they advised me to replace my Gen 2 Streaming Stick with something newer.

I deleted and reinstalled the channel. But, haven't tried it again. Hopefully that fixes it. I'm not going to replace the stick just to get Comet.tv.
0 Kudos
hankone
Level 7

I have tried Comet with Roku 1 and Roku HD.  Both did not work.  My grandchild has a Roku TV and Comet worked.  I also am not buying another Roku device just to get Comet.
0 Kudos