Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonMorris
Reel Rookie

Re: COLD CASE

Jump to solution

I too want the show back, I love this show and was my go too for great tv. Who do we need write to to get the show back. 

rjmurray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, I don't know if you know, but if you don't I wanted to share. I LOVED this show when it originally aired. I got hooked on it due to the music, the contemporary songs they had in each episode from the time era of that episode. I searched for it years after it concluded and had trouble finding it anywhere. After a little searching, I found that it was the thing I loved the most that caused its scarcity. The music royalties were all paid during the first release of the series but would have ended up being too costly to release in DVD. At the time someone speculated it would make the cost of the DVDs too expensive to release. (I don't know but that might have something to do with the relatively short time they had it on ROKU and why it is not there now.)

When I saw it was on ROKU, I was excited, even though it meant watching with commercials on the ROKU Channel. I watched an episode or two then got distracted. I just came back to watch and it is, of course, no longer there, which is disappointing. I will tell you I was able to find a streaming service in 2018 that had them and I was able to download them, the first 3 seasons anyway. I will have to try to find that again, but just now I found a streaming server at www.actvid.com and am watching an episode now, streaming from my phone to Roku, though the audio is a little choppy. I make no claims about the site or any other, but am just saying there are some places to stream if you search them out. From one lover of the show to another, I hope that helps.

RonMorris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the information, I will check it out. I have a few shows I was able to salvage from my DVD collection of recorded from tv. I had all the episodes but in moving the the collection got stolen. 

Desinbr
Channel Surfer

Re: Cold case on the Roku Channel

Jump to solution

But whyyyyyyyy???? Please bring it back!!!!

Desinbr
Channel Surfer

Re: Cold case on the Roku Channel

Jump to solution

PLEASE bring it back! Don’t take it away during the busiest season of the year. Most people aren’t watching TV then. We need it now, after things are settled down. Please bring COLD CASE back!!!!

Desinbr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please bring COLD CASE back!!! This is the whole reason I bought the darn Roku! For that show and now it’s gone! Please, please, please bring it back!! 

RonMorris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am not sure but I did send a email to customer service, haven’t heard anytime as yet.

0 Kudos
rjmurray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I offer this as information from one lover of the show to others. This is not a solicitation or endorsement other than to say it worked for me and I now have digital copies of all 7 seasons of Cold Case (as well as a few more series I like). If you go to www.tellyseries.link, you can search for Cold Case and it will give you links to download the shows. When I found it in 2018, I couldn't get the Premium Service link to work (a pay service of like $20 for a month of expedited download speeds) so I was stuck with the free slow download speed. Over weeks I downloaded 3 seasons. When I found it again, I was able to get the premium service to work. I think it was my browser. It wouldn't work with Foxfire but did with MS Edge. Once I got that I downloaded the rest of the series, and then have since downloaded others. Also, I have Plex on my Roku TV and saved the files to a backup harddrive I use as a server. Now I can watch any of the shows on my TV in demand. It is a pretty great setup. Again, I rolled the dice paying for the premium service. I don't know anything about this site or who hosts it. I could be contacting my credit card to dispute future charges, but I was able to get what I wanted. FYI.

Mellywitch
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information!  I really appreciate it!!  I've got the CBS plus service which is turning into Paramount plus in a couple months.  Hoping they will show it on there.  I've been noticing one of my other favorite series CSI is not showing up on cable TV now.  It's Partly on CBS Plus now.  Thank you again and have a great weekend!  

Krystal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same please bring it back and complete series of strong medicine