Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickymh
Reel Rookie

Re: Cold Case

Jump to solution

I just started watching Cold Case Season 4 episode 1 this morning and go to watch and they already took it off! 😭 I had 4 more season to watch! Wish they gave till the end of the mo th at least. 

Atti
Reel Rookie

Cold case

Jump to solution

Is roku taking cold case off because you guys are the only on demand service that as it so taking it off would be no one can ever watch it again place don't take it off we need it

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cold case

Jump to solution

If you are referring to Cold Case Files, and you're watching it on The Roku Channel, content owners only license the streaming of their content for a fixed length of time. The contract between the owners and Roku stipulate what seasons and what episodes can be streamed, and now long they can be streamed. It would be nice if Roku provided advance notice that shows are leaving soon, similar to what Netflix does. But if they do offer that I've never seen it.

Basically, Roku is bound by the contract, and if they've reached the end they have to remove it. If Cold case Files is what you're looking for, Pluto TV also offers it/. They have a live channel that plays one episode after another, and under On Demand I see it as well, with seasons 1-5, 9 and 28, and each season doesn't have every episode. So not everything, but quite a bit. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Jds1234

Please keep Cold Case on till end of year

Jump to solution

Let's flood with request to keep show on

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

They're probably referring to Cold Case an old CBS drama series that use be on Sunday's after 60 Minutes. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368479/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

They're probably referring to Cold Case an old CBS drama series that use be on Sunday's after 60 Minutes. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368479/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

If that's the case, then my original comment about an expiring contract is the most likely reason.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Re: Please keep Cold Case on till end of year

Jump to solution

I have been searching for Cold Case a loooong time and finally I found it showing on Roku, great job Roku!!!! Now I see the banner stating that it is leaving...???? Please leave it on your line up. This show is extremely popular and liked! It will only gain in popularity!! Thank you for adding it to your line up as a permanent show PLEASE!!

DSmith78
Reel Rookie

Re: Cold Case Leaving Roku Channel Soon??

Jump to solution

The show is owned by Viacom, so I'm guessing and hoping it's gonna be apart of CBS all access relaunch in 2021.

sunshine17

Re: Cold Case Leaving Roku Channel Soon??

Jump to solution

While searching for an answer this thread came up. From what I will guess, this is a CBS show so it will probably be on CBS All-Access. I loved the show back then and just got my husband hooked to find out POOF! Going away... Fingers crossed 🤞 it will go back to its origin channel, at least it's accessible there.

Trina611
Binge Watcher

Cold Case

Jump to solution

Hi good people, Today is 10/15 and I just noticed the tv show Cold Case is on Roku. I use to watch it when it was on air and it was my fav.  Now I have to binge watch and I am on S1🤯.  Did anyone find out when it is leaving?