Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckoch6

Re: Cloud path error on NBC

Jump to solution

Confirmed that you need to unlink your TV provider and relink it. Should work again once this is done.

NBC App>More>My Profile>Unlink TV Provider

Bdcda

Jump to solution

I have tried the fix and it still won’t work. Any thoughts

vergneh
Reel Rookie

Re: Cloud path authorization error for NBC

Jump to solution

After several tries and failures to stream NBC live locally, I simply switched my bedroom ROKU with my living room unit. Voila! It worked. I strongly suspect the unit has developed a bug.

Kimmylg921

Jump to solution

Wow, nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue.  NBC live happens to be my favorite channel to watch. I start my morning off with the Today show every Monday though Friday. I've tried the deleting, restarting, and readding the app several times only to have it work randomly and only until I either shut it off or change the channel.  Any other suggestions or solutions? 

Hopeful and patiently waiting, Kimberly Goodson 

vergneh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would seem some ROKU devices develop a bug that will not allow some networks to function properly. I tried the delete, restart, reinstall routine at least four times without success. I have 3 TVs, two with ROKU and one Firestick. The Firestick worked fine on NBC as did the bedroom unit. Switched out the bedroom with the living room unit. The unit that wouldn’t work in living room is still no go in the bedroom. Ergo and empirically the unit has developed a fault and should be replaced.

mkr_3330

Jump to solution

I was getting the cloud error and just noticed that my provider was listed as Spectrum, but I use Verizon. So I switched it according to these directions under "Try to log our and re-authenticate through the TV provider" in the link below and it fixed the issue for me. 

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034968874-Our-Basic-Troubleshooting-for-Roku#unlinkrelink

0 Kudos
KTMac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for posting how to resolve this error with the NBC channel!  It's been weeks that I haven't been able to use it!  Yes!  Unlink your provider, relink it and use the activation code provided.  Yahoo!!!  

0 Kudos
StreamerFiend12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCL Roku TV (2019), NBC app “works” but when you go to watch anything other than free show, I get the dreaded reauthentication/cloud path error as others have stated. It’s been over 6 months with no resolution!

Not only have I tried the delete app/restart/add/restart many times, I have NO issues with NBC.com, or the NBC apps on iOS, iPadOS, or our Samsung smartTV. I have no issues authenticating other cable channels with our Frontier account - CNN, History Channel, TNT, ABC. 

I just tried removing the app, doing a full factory reset, activating the TV via my Roku account, and then adding NBC. No dice. NBC’s suggestion was to delete cookies. 

Please, please fix this. It frustrates me that I have to watch NBC & MSNBC shows on other devices and/or stream them to the TV. If the app doesn’t work, then Roku should remove it from their Channel Store. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
StreamerFiend12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I fixed it after months of not working! The NBC app has a lot of issues, including screwing up region despite the zip code entered into Roku. I’d tried the delete/reboot (not restart - settings/system/power/system reboot)/re-add/reboot to no end. I tried the same sequence, tossing in a full factory reset. Nope.

Here’s what I did. Perhaps there are extra steps but it worked for me after months of trying:

1. Home/System/Zip Code - make sure it’s accurate for your cable service (not your WiFi). We have cable at home, internet at our cabin from another local provider. I changed this to match our home cable zip code. Perhaps set it to somewhere outside of your region? NBC app has issues with the zip code because some regions (according to NBC.com) may block access.

2. Home/NBC/* - delete app

3. Home/System/Power/System restart

4. Home/Streaming Channels/NBC - add app

5. Home/System/Power/System restart

(I figured this is what Roku keeps telling us, so I did it again)

6. Start NBC App. Click up to top of screen, navigate to the right & choose More (my menu shows Home, Browse, LIVE, Networks, More, peacock, search icon). 

7. Select My Profile, then TV Provider. If linked, click unlink. Choose your cable television service provider. Then authenticate through nbc.com and entering the code on your screen.

I do not know if it was the zip code in Roku or what, but when I went to My Profile on the NBC app, it showed our internet provider NOT the cable provider I have on our Roku.com account and every single other app. Whatever - it now works for me. GL!

Tags (1)
Karla22

when I clicked on it it said sorry we are having some trouble

Jump to solution

image.jpg

0 Kudos