Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry88
Level 7

Closed captioning problem

Closed captioning leads actual audio by a substantial amount.  Audio is synced with video.  I've disconnected and reconnected the ROKU unit many times but nothing has changed.  Problem only started about 3 days ago but is consistent now.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Closed captioning problem

@Jerry88 

Thanks for the post.

What channel is this issue happening with? Have you tried contacting the channel provider regarding the issue you are experiencing? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MrMichael
Level 7

Closed caption does not work on my roku TV when it's on high definitions.  But it comes on when playing standard definition. My other TV, captioning works on HD. And both tv using the same cable feed.

Captiing work while  playing Netflix, prime, etc..

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for reaching us, @MrMichael,

Some channel manages its own content programming, including closed captions on contents. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
MrMichael
Level 7

I did mention on my post. The other tv was showing caption on its high definition channel while my roku tv doesn't. Same channel, same cable feed. So it's not the tv station. It my roku tv that's the problem. 

0 Kudos