Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Closed captioning doesn’t work on You Tube TV

So I have a Roku Premier connected to an AOC television.  Before I switched to ROKU the set was connected to a Dish Network system and the closed captioning worked just fine.  I went to settings on the Roku menu and activated the feature there.  Checked the setting on the TV and it says No CC information.  CC is a feature I really need to work.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Closed captioning doesn’t work on You Tube TV

What channel are you trying to watch on the Roku? Some use the Roku CC settings, others have their own CC controls.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Closed captioning doesn’t work on You Tube TV

@Kdavi Thanks for the note here. 

Content providers must offer closed captioning in their content in order for your device or TV to display these. If the content does not offer captions, then your tV would not be able to display any. You'll also want to check in the individual channel for CC settings. As @makaiguy noted, some channels control closed captions independently from the Roku system settings. 

If you need more help, I would recommend contacting YouTubeTV support to inquire further, including asking for more information about closed captions support for the content that you are trying to watch. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos