Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kdavi
Level 7

Closed captioning doesn’t work on You Tube TV

Jump to solution

So I have a Roku Premier connected to an AOC television.  Before I switched to ROKU the set was connected to a Dish Network system and the closed captioning worked just fine.  I went to settings on the Roku menu and activated the feature there.  Checked the setting on the TV and it says No CC information.  CC is a feature I really need to work.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Closed captioning doesn’t work on You Tube TV

Jump to solution

@ebgwd 

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
What channel are you trying to watch on the Roku? Some use the Roku CC settings, others have their own CC controls.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Kdavi Thanks for the note here. 

Content providers must offer closed captioning in their content in order for your device or TV to display these. If the content does not offer captions, then your tV would not be able to display any. You'll also want to check in the individual channel for CC settings. As @makaiguy noted, some channels control closed captions independently from the Roku system settings. 

If you need more help, I would recommend contacting YouTubeTV support to inquire further, including asking for more information about closed captions support for the content that you are trying to watch. 

Thanks,

Tanner

ebgwd
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. 

With more folks swapping to YouTubeTV then Roku should hack YouTubeTV and get it to work. 

Bought the Roku Ultra to use the close caption on/off with voice command and am very disappointed that it only works with some program providers and not others (YouTubeTV).

My wife hates to press the buttons for CC on and off.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ebgwd 

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos