Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bangjr
Level 7

Clear YouTube search history

Finally took the plunge with Roku.  Purchased the Streaming Stick +.  

I noticed that I can not clear YouTube history.  I have tried:

1. Going via YouTube app's Settings > Clear search history

2. Checked search on YouTube app, all search history is still there.

3. Restart the stick and history still shows up.

4. Uninstalled the app, restarted the stick, install the app...search history is still there.

How can I clear YouTube search history? Shouldn't I be able to do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
BartZLederman
Level 8

Re: Clear YouTube search history

Go into the YouTube app, left arrow to the column of choices, down arrow to "Settings", Then down Arrow to "Clear search history".  This worked for me, at least when signed into my account. It should also work for "Guest".

Now the hard part: how do you SAVE a search.  If I search as "Guest", it puts that into the list of saved searches, so I can re-find my favorite channels and topics.  But if I search while logged in to my account, my searches are NOT saved.  All I see are YouTubes force-fed searches (with the little odd flame icon), and they are never replaced with my searches. Does anyone else see this, and do you know how to put your own searches there?

0 Kudos
garystan1952
Level 8

Hi everybody :

I also tried that.   And it doesn't work.  And the YouTube app  is uptodate..  I even tried going into my YouTube account online.   That, as well, didn't work.

Gary S.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @garystan1952,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos