Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Vinyl theme is missing

Just got an update last night and now the only background theme I liked is not available. Anyone else have the same experience? How can I get that back?

13 REPLIES 13
taylork
Channel Surfer

Classic Vinyl theme is missing

Just happened to me today too.  Hopefully, someone knows what's going on.

THF90
Reel Rookie

Re: Classic Vinyl theme is missing after update

Yea, where is the Classic Vinyl wallpaper?!

The rest are garbage and I’ve had this one for years!

I hit Home and all the sudden it was Purple. I will be so upset if they do not put it back.

Jbullock42
Reel Rookie

Also missing on mine 😥

Emissary35
Roku Guru

More Roku changes that make things worse. This is a trend now it seems.

Jbullock42
Reel Rookie

I think it has something to do with the removal of “non-certified” channels  the timing of these date makes sense, but I don’t recall ever getting a notice that the theme was “non-certified”.

What’s more, it doesn’t seem that there are any themes or wallpapers that are from the community, there isn’t even a way to see a storefront anymore. Weren’t some of those themes paid? I wonder if those vanished, too.

It’s really a disappointing move all around, Classic Vinyl was so clean and aesthetic. I’ve lost something that made my TV feel like “my” TV Smiley Sad

It’s gone for me as well. And I paid for that dang wallpaper. This is thievery. I am extremely upset. 

Kimdelee
Reel Rookie

Mine is gone too I guess I just wasn't paying attention last week or so. Does anybody remember the name of the author or know how to get it touched to find out if these will be made available again?  You would think that if roku didn't update to have no more community wallpapers or themes that they would have let artists or creators know that information.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

@stephenshutters This is a good lesson why it's not smart to pay for anything that is digital because you don't actually own it and it can be taken away from you at any moment without your permission or consent. Everything Roku is doing lately is going backwards, removing wallpapers and private channels, they are making everything about the product worse. I've already made the decision to never buy any further Roku products going forward, I will look for alternatives.

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@Emissary35  if removing uncertified private channels and removing certain wallpapers is going backwards I’d hate to know we’re going forward this to you?

0 Kudos