Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bistritapcv
Level 7

Classic Reel

After a while the movie (Virgin Queen with Bette Davis) stops and says "reloading", finishes reloading, plays for 2 seconds and then says "reloading". Reloada, plays for a couple seconds then says "reloading..." (You get the picture).
I rebooted the router. It played a bit longer and did the same thing.

Today I had the same problem but after it reloaded a few rimes ir conti ued to play.

Is this a problem with Wowway or Classic Reel channel?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

Re: Classic Reel

Most likely the app ("channel"). Apps that play public domain movies often aren't worth the effort of installing them (they'll either perform poorly, have far too many ads, have poor resolution and/or aspect ratio, or other apps do the same movie better).
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
23rdDjin
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
...Apps that play public domain movies often aren't worth the effort of installing them (they'll either perform poorly, have far too many ads, have poor resolution and/or aspect ratio, or other apps do the same movie better).

Classic Reel is not a public domain movies channel, nor do they have ads. it's a low priced subscription service, the majority of the films have been restored to their proper aspect ratio, resolution is good (but, of course, don't expect high definition), and well worth it.

"if it itches, play it..." - David Bowie - 1999
0 Kudos
bistritapcv
Level 7

Yeah I pay like $1.99 a month. Yesterday with a different movie was fine.
0 Kudos
Ahzoov
Level 7

These movies are NOT public domain. 

0 Kudos