Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Classic Reel

I feel your frustration.  By the way, what does Pure Digital have to do with this?  I believe it is beyond Roku's problem too.  It's the channel itself.

I DID contact them.  (Classic Reel)  They are fixing the problem, but it is taking a long time.    If you look at previous posts you will see the explanation.  But to sum it up, COVID-19 and stay-at-home requirements has increased the number of subscribers to where the servers cannot handle the load.  The movies are being transferred to a new server.  Newly added movies are already on the new server.  It looks like those in the Film Noir category are also okay because I watched many of them without interruption. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Check with your internet provider to see if there is a different, lesser used “route” which will give you the speed to support movies. Been years since I’ve done that, thinking it’s a change in you IP address. You may have to call back to talk to a different service rep who knows what to do. Years back, had to change to a less busy route every once in a while. Saved us from having to change to a more expensive plan to get the speed we should have been getting in the first place. The more people using the same route, the slower your internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No it isn't my provider.  It's the channel.  I spoke to a nice person from CR on the phone who explained the situation to me.  

Stay-at-home regulations increased the number of new subscribers.  This put a load on their servers and they are moving the movies to new ones.

Over the past couple of days there's been an improvement and a lot less "loading."  So CR is working and correcting the problem

0 Kudos