Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthPawPhlly
Level 9

Re: Classic Reel

Have you tried viewing a different movie?  I have, and sometimes I can watch a different movie than the one it keep loading on. 

Have you also lost sound on Roku after watching a movie on Classic Reel?  I'm asking because this has often happened after one movie ends and I go on to watch another film.

One funny thing happened  was when I was watch a documentary about  the crossover from silent to sound in movies and it was showing a clip from "Sunset Boulevard"  (I'm sure you will recognized the scene.)  

"Norma Desmond : There once was a time in this business when I had the eyes of the whole world! But that wasn't good enough for them, oh no! They had to have the ears of the whole world too. So they opened their big mouths and out came talk. Talk! TALK! "Yhe

Just as she says "talk. Talk! Talk" the sound went out and I watched if for several minutes  in silence because I thought it was part of the documentary!  Then I got suspicious and changed to another app and still had no sound.  I had to rest the Roku app which was a simple if not annoying fix.

0 Kudos
bistritapcv
Level 8

I had the same problem Friday with "Carnival of Souls". Yes, I found it and watched it on Amazon but that is not the point. So it sounds like Classic Reel has low soeed / band width?

0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Level 9

I am certainly no expert but bandwidth would be a good guess.  I can have a "loading" problem and switch to another movie and it be okay. 

This is what I have noticed.

1.  I can watch a movie and everything is just fine.  Then open another movie and as soon as the movie begins the "loading" problem begins.  It ever tells me to check my connection -- which is always perfectly fine.  

2.  I also lose sound after watching a movie on Classic Reel and go to another app on Roku.  (Easy fix, but still annoying.) 

3.  The "loading" problem seems more prevalent with newly added movies on those trending.  I can only guess that it is because many other users are watching the same movie and that is the cause?

If anyone else has noticed these things I would like to know.  Not that I can fix it problem but maybe it can be directed to Roku or the App makers?

What I would like to know is why someone from Roku doesn't read these queries and offer some professional help.

0 Kudos
lunicia
Level 7

I added Classic Reel to my channels about a month ago and everything was great. In the last week many movies have been unwatchable because of the constant reloading. 

I just tried to watch War of the Worlds again because I had watched before with no problems. It re-loaded four times in the first minute so I gave up and went to the next movie in the list.

The next movie was no better. Half a dozen movies later I gave up and tried finding help. 

Movies I've watched before are just as bad about re-loading as the new additions, and the problem grows worse each day. As much as I love the classic movies found here, I'm ready to give up the channel

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@lunicia 

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Classic Reel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Classic Reel channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Fiddlersmom3
Level 7

I’m having the same problem with Classic Reel on every single movie I try to watch. 

I was going to try and delete the channel and then reload, but for some reason on this one channel it does not give me the option to remove. It only gives me the option to manage the subscription.  So the only way to remove the channel is to cancel my subscription? 

0 Kudos
lunicia
Level 7

Fiddler'sMom is correct, there is no option to remove the channel. You can give rating, move channel, manage subscription, check for updates, give feedback. 

This is the only channel I've seen without the remove channel option. 

Manage subscription is merely the option to cancel subscription. 

This is the only channel I have a problem with. All other channels work without problem no matter which of my two TVs I watch. 

Thanks much, Judy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fiddlersmom3 @lunicia 

Thanks for the information.

If you are unable to remove and reinstall the channel on your Roku device, we would recommend reaching out to Classic Reel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bistritapcv
Level 8

I don't know how to contact Classic Reel. Anyone know?

0 Kudos
bistritapcv
Level 8

I may end up having to cancel subscription because it keeps happening and there is no way to contact them.

0 Kudos