Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmon
Level 7

Classic Reel search feature doesn't function

When I press the "Find Something to Watch" search icon it doesn't work. It just makes that icon bigger when I click on it. It does not give me the alpha-numeric search screen that enables me to put in what I'm searching for.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Classic Reel search feature doesn't function

The channel owners create their own Roku channel apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them. The only channels controlled by Roku are their own Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. For other channels, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Problems in how a particular channel operates should be directed to that channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cardiff
Level 7

Has anyone figured out how to search for a movie on Classic Reel?  I spotted something I wanted to go back and watch the next week but when I went into Classic Reel I couldn't find a Search Bar and the voice activated search on the remote would not bring up any movies on Classic Reel.  I finally found the movie but had to search through 200 movies to find it.  I must be missing something??

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Cardiff

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Classic Reel's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos