Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FENSTERBARON8
Binge Watcher

Re: Classic Reel channelendless buffering

Jump to solution

Sounds like SouthPaw at least got through to them previously, when they blamed the situation on poor servers.  They apparently haven't taken action since then -- or at least not ENOUGH action. Someone posted that they had no problem after updating their router.  That's fine for those who are interested in the upgrade. Unfortunately, Classic Reel videos are not so important to me that I want to expensively upgrade a system that works fine for every other streaming service.  Besides, I already have some of the latest router equipment and a high-speed connection, so I think the ball is in the Classic Reel court when it comes to fixing the situation.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SouthPawPhlly wrote:

Instead of the same Roku rhetoric about reinstalling the channel it would be more helpful to provide information on how to contact Classic Reel.

Odds are that Roku doesn't have any contact information to provide. While Roku might have an internal contact, it might not be something they can share publicly. I expect Roku might try to contact them, but the problem is with the provider, so there's only so much they can do.

It's possible, but highly unlikely, that the provider might monitor this forum and respond. And the suggestion to remove/reboot/install a channel is often all that's required to resolve a problem with a channel. So that will always be one of the first things a Roku staff member will suggest. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

With all due respect,  if a Roku representative's advice is to contact the channel then they should be able to provide such information.  It's kinda pointless to tell someone to contact the channel without having anyway to contact them.

chlojo1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Lest everyone gets too upset/indignant at Roku or Classic Reel over this issue, for the past week or longer, there have been much-publicized streaming issues with HBO Max, which costs $15 a month (now $10 with commercials WTF).  I experienced this myself as I am in the throes of a test subscription.  I also noticed that for a high-priced channel, it has a pretty clunky interface.  Classic Reel is looking better by the day.

0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was reading posts regarding the HBO Max problems and was glad that I did because I postponed my subscription until those problems are worked out.

0 Kudos
FENSTERBARON8
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can forgive any service for having temporary problems with something like streaming, even HBO and Disney. Stuff happens. What's frustrating about Classic Reels is that this problem has been going on for over a year and there is no way of knowing why it's happening or when (if ever) it might be fixed. With HBO, you know who to contact and they are very interested in getting things back to normal.  They're on your side when it comes to streaming problems. With Classic Reels, you can only guess if they're aware of (or even care about) your complaints.  It's true I'm spending only a few bucks a month on their channel, but such costs add up when you watch multiple streaming channels.  Curiosity Stream charges about the same price and gives me no grief.  And I know if that they ever have a streaming issue, they will be just as interested as I am in seeing that it's fixed promptly.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

HBO can't get their app to work right on any platform. It's not just Roku. In fact, I usually find Max works better on my Roku players than my more expensive Nvidia Shield. HBO just has lousy developers for all platforms. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just got off the phone with them and the guy that I spoke to blamed my ISP and claimed only 1% of his customers were having an issue. I find that hard to believe based on the this thread, and the fact that there were a lot of people talking in the background, no doubt to other customers having the same issue. He also gave me that "moving movies to a faster server" line too. I should have pointed him to this thread.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SouthPawPhlly wrote:

With all due respect,  if a Roku representative's advice is to contact the channel then they should be able to provide such information.  It's kinda pointless to tell someone to contact the channel without having anyway to contact them.

Roku probably has the information, they just aren't providing it. It's Roku who is taking our money, not Classic Reel, so I find it difficult to believe that they could get away with passing the buck from a legal standpoint.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the posts.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels on your Roku device?

For me, it just Classic Reel.

It's not a channel issue. It's a service issue. Apparently, from what I have read here this issue isn't new, but is ongoing. Uninstalling and reinstalling the channel won't fix the issue we are having. What we need is for Roku, who is billing us on behalf of Classic Reel, to contact them and make them fix the issue. If I were to file a complaint with the FCC or the AG of my state, it would be against the company billing me.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos