Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Classic Reel channelendless buffering

Jump to solution

https://www.classicreelstv.com/

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HumphreyBogart
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think that's a different Classic Reel channel?

Classic Reel is on ROKU, and Classic Reels is somewhere else.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yeah, it does appear to be two different companies. According to the Roku Channel Store, it's offered by a company called Pure Digital. I can't seem to find out anything about them online. If there's nothing within the channel that provides any contact info, I can't seem to find any way to contact them. 

Dan

0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is the number that I used:   208 254-0535.  Let us know how it works out.  I went a long time without  the loading problem but it does seem to have returned.

0 Kudos
chlojo1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've experienced only a minor uptick of buffering incidents in the last 2 or 3 weeks, so I can't tell if the new server is having issues again.  As I said before, I do not regard CR as I do the big streaming channels like TCM or Criterion because I have a feeling CR is skirting copyright issues to maintain such a substantial catalogue from dubious sources.  I'm just grateful that such a large percentage of their offerings are of decent quality and stream reasonably well for such a low subscription fee.  So my attitude is "let sleeping dogs lie", but do call the # provided by SouthPawPhlly if you choose.  Maybe it'll get the results you're looking for.

HumphreyBogart
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

chlojo1,

I agree with you 100%.

I got a new router and it improved Classic Reel's performance A LOT.

I love the Classic Reel channel.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@chlojo1 If it's really violating copyright laws, don't expect it to last much longer. Roku takes a very hard stand against providers that aren't offering the material legally. They have had legal issues in the past by not enforcing it, so if it's determined they don't have the proper permissions, the channel will be gone in an instant. 

Dan

0 Kudos
chlojo1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Have you noticed how all of CR's major studio product (from 20th Century Fox, Universal, Paramount, Columbia) have both the opening fanfare and closing logos edited out?  And how it never features any MGM and Warners movies, which are the domain of the Turner library?  That sort of thing wouldn't happen if their sourcing were totally legit.  It's only my opinion, but I think the channel subsists on some kind of legal loophole which keeps them on air.  But I'm grateful for small favors and CR is a pretty big favor as far as my entertainment needs are concerned.

woosterek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for finally getting to the bottom of this.  It's a relief to know the issue isn't on my end. I've tried everything. It's a great channel with an amazing depth of content, so it's worth being patient and letting them work it out.

0 Kudos
Amberwaves

Jump to solution

Has this gotten better for anyone? I just purchased in June 2021 and it would seem that the constant buffering is still a horrible issue. Any updates? Cancelling after one day.

0 Kudos