Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen-Scalzi
Level 7

Classic Arts Showcase streaming channel

Jump to solution

Hello - I have been viewing this streaming channel for some time now through Roku and a problem has happened that I believe may have been expected.  The streaming channel had posted a statement that the satellite positioning was changing just about this time of this month.  It was even stated that the service provider should change their coordinates to a new value that was listed on the notice.

What I am experiencing is that when I start the subject channel, the same program clip plays and just as it ends the screen clears with a "retrieving" statement and just sits there.

Any ideas or a contact that has the ability to give life to this streaming channel?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 12

Re: Classic Arts Showcase streaming channel

Jump to solution

There is contact info for the content provider (Classic Arts Showcase) and the Roku application developer (Hollogram Television) here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/514ab41bf37fb16beadd02bbc3470cea/classic-arts-showcase-tv

Hopefully one or both know what's going on.

View solution in original post

Stephen-Scalzi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Stephanie.  I did try removing and re-adding on several occasions but I did not wait a few minutes.  Maybe that was the key.  Oddly, it came back on it's own on March 4, 2021.  Thanks again for reaching out.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Jump to solution

There is contact info for the content provider (Classic Arts Showcase) and the Roku application developer (Hollogram Television) here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/514ab41bf37fb16beadd02bbc3470cea/classic-arts-showcase-tv

Hopefully one or both know what's going on.

Steph-Hines
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello. I have a Sharp TV with Roku installed and I also lost my Classic Arts Showcase channel a few days ago. Had no luck reaching anyone in person at CAS in California. I was able to restore CAS by first uninstalling channel on my TV. I waited just a few minutes and installed again and I've got CAS streaming again. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Stephanie 

0 Kudos
Stephen-Scalzi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Stephanie.  I did try removing and re-adding on several occasions but I did not wait a few minutes.  Maybe that was the key.  Oddly, it came back on it's own on March 4, 2021.  Thanks again for reaching out.

0 Kudos