Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlclaytor
Channel Surfer

Classic Arts Showcase January 2022

Jump to solution

What happened to the Classic Arts Showcase channel on Roku? Stating that it is "not broadcasting at this time" is inadequate. How about keeping your viewers updated with relevant information? All posts are nearly a year old!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Classic Arts Showcase January 2022

Jump to solution

@dlclaytor

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dlclaytor

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlclaytor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny:

Thanks. If I learn anything helpful from Classic Arts Showcase I'll try to return and post it here.

Dave

0 Kudos
dlclaytor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I learned nothing from Classic Arts Showcase, but I am pleased to report their Roku TV App is up and running again. As usual, I checked to make sure my Roku software was up to date and I rebooted the Roku device. When I started the Classic Arts Showcase TV app, bingo! Perhaps my squeaking wheel got the grease?

ps6440

Jump to solution

Is classic arts the same as All Arts? How do I get information about non-functioning All Arts channel? 

When I"m in ROKU it shows the ALL ARts logo, but when I select it, it doesn't open All Arts.

All help appreciated.

0 Kudos
dlclaytor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, CAS and AA are two different ROKU channels. When you say you’re in ROKU, I assume ROKU is running and that you have downloaded the All Arts channel. Then, when you click in the AA icon, nothing happens? Mine works fine. I would start by making sure my Roku software is up to it ans then restart the Roku. If All Arts still does not open and start properly when you click on it, I would contact the developer. This info can be found in the Channel Store. Good luck!

0 Kudos
dlclaytor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think the programming is mostly performing arts. 

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't think the Classic Arts Showcase Roku channel is an authorized product from Classic Arts Showcase. There is no mention of Roku on the CAS website in the 'How to get CAS' section or anywhere else. The developer of the Roku channel is listed as Hologram Television. 

0 Kudos
JerryInJxHts
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's strange that the Classic Arts Showcase site doesn't mention the Roku app, but Hollogram Television promotes CAS on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HollogramTelevision.

I wasn't able to watch CAS for about a week, until I tried a hard reset on my Roku Ultra: unplugged it for 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and voila! CAS was there when I clicked on the icon.

0 Kudos