Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShepJim
Level 7

Choose a Netflix Profile to be the Default Using Roku 2

I've set our old Roku 2 up on my brother's TV upstairs and discover that the Roku 2 does not permit choosing his Netflix profile (persona) when logging into our Netflix account; the logon defaults to my "primary" profile. Needless to say, we do not want my brother's Netflix activity to effect our's.

It is not the case that my brother will need to move between Netflix profiles on his Roku 2. Is there some way to log the upstairs Roku 2 onto my brother's Netflix profile -- i.e. whenever he logs into Netflix he will automatically be in his profile?

I will appreciate any and all discussion and thoughts; budget is really tight and buying a newer Roku right now is not possible.

Thank you -- Jim in Maine
0 Kudos
3 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Choose a Netflix Profile to be the Default Using Roku 2

You need a newer Roku that supports the newer Netflix interface that has the Profile selection.  Basically the answer is "Not without buying a newer Roku".
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

I know buying a newer Roku is not the answer, but it's the only answer there is. You can buy a used Roku 3 or 2016 Roku stick, or a used Express for well under $30.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

There is one other option, and it's not a good one.

If you're willing to start over on profiles, set the "Primary" one up for others, and add a profile for you. I did that when my grandchildren were using my Netflix account and they had old Roku devices. Essentially, I named the "primary" account "Family" (you'd use your brother's name, Wally, Beaver, whatever) and created a new profile for me.

So, your options are: 
Trash your current profiles and start over with him using the primary one, or 
Get a new device, such as the $30 Roku Express (or the $40 Express+ is he needs a composite output).

Neither is an ideal choice.

Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos