Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Chess Live! game has been turning itself off during a game for the past 2 days

Since there was an update to Chess Live! (game) the app has been shutting down during a game, just going to the Hime page. Please undo the "update" and give us the game again, it's unusable now. Oct. 13th, 2021

tahnks,

Jim

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

Re: Chess Live! game has been turning itself off during a game for the past 2 days

where do you get chess on roku.   --   and also radio and other fancy things I cant find on roku. 

i see chess live from various web sites.

are you somehow streaming web sites through utoob or some other ap ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Chess Live! game has been turning itself off during a game for the past 2 days

@Jimi99, if an update to a channel/app is causing a problem then you have to contact the developer of the channel/app.  I can't tell you how to do that; their website is pretty useless:  http://pc-magic.com/?view=privacy#

I would suggest trying the remove, restart, reinstall procedure:

1. Remove the channel by highlighting it on the Home Screen and pressing * on your remote - choose Remove
  2. Restart your Roku from Settings->System->System restart or just disconnect the power for several seconds
  3. Add the channel again from Streaming Channels

Don't skip step 2!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Hi whomeq.......if you go to Streaming Channels on the home page and either go to Games or Search Channels and put in Chess Live! you can add the channel but until they fix their blunder created by their update you won't be able to play a whole game without it crashing and returning to the home page. The game is free.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Jimi99
Binge Watcher

Hi renojim.......I did try that a couple of times and it still malfunctions. The game will last a few minutes and then crash. If you go back to the game you can "Resume" the game but then it crashes with just about every move. Not the ideal way to play a game. Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

I'm a fairly knowledgeable long-time Roku user and this has happened to me too. I immediately did the uninstall/reboot/reinstall sequence. It didn't help. The recent update broke the app. (Roku 4210x with 10.0.0 build 4209-04.)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If the troubleshooting steps provided by @renojim above didn't resolve your issue with Chess Live!, we recommend contacting the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

And now Chess Live! is working again. For me, anyway.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

It's working again for me as well.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

thanks

i thought it might be for watching tournament games like world champs recently

if i want to play the pc does it better than roku  could possibly ever do 

or is there some way to hook a keyboard and mouse to roku ??

0 Kudos