Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ohio_Family
Level 7

Channels will not load when selecting any channel

We have checked our internet connections, unplugged and replugged the Roku, unplugged and replugged the modem for our internet.  When we select a channel, it spins and says "loading," but never does anything else.  We've tried multiple channels and they all do the same thing.  Ideas?  We've had our Roku Express for less than a year.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels will not load when selecting any channel

@Ohio_Family-

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router.  This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.      

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n.  If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
AMM1
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Just started this afternoon.  My other Roku and Amazon firestick devices work fine on the other tvs in the house so it's not my router.

0 Kudos
Iowahome
Level 7

I had the same problem. It started yesterday. I have a Roku TV and a Roku device on another TV and they both worked. I did unplug this Roku device and it started to work. It was slow to load but it worked. I did try checking for a software update and it just kept spinning until I unplugged it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When seeking help it's ALWAYS a good idea to include your Roku model, model number, and Roku software version (all available via Roku menu path Settings > System > About), as different models have different capabilities and the advice you seek may depend on this information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos