Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemelone
Level 9

Channels uninstalled

I've lost the ABC and YouTube apps since the last update on both my 2710X devices.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13\
ImagiNERDing
Level 7

Re: Channels uninstalled

I am having the same issues with a ROKU Premier that is less than 30 days old. Twice, I have had to reinstall and re-log-in to Disney+ and Netflix. I only have 5-6 channels loaded anyway and I don't understand why they have been deleted twice. 

I do share the ROKU login with other devices, but they are all in my family and we use the same services.

Why is it automatically deleting/unistalling channels?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is someone else removing those channels?  Any channel removed from one Roku device will be removed from all devices linked to the same account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ImagiNERDing
Level 7

Thanjk you for tthe response. We have four Roku's and no one has deleted anyuthing from them...It's a mystery and it's happened twice within 30 days.

0 Kudos
renojim

Well... it should't be happening.  Check your linked devices at https://my.roku.com and see if there's more devices linked than you expect.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TM3
Level 7

How do I uninstall channels I don't want?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@TM3 wrote:

How do I uninstall channels I don't want?

Highlight channel in the channel grid.

Press * key on remote

Click on Remove channel, then follow the prompts

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
ImagiNERDing
Level 7

I've changed the password for my Roku account and still had to reinstall Disney+ and HBOMAX. There were also some other apps installed that we don't watch or subscribe to.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Do you have neighbors close enough to be able to connect to your home wifi network?  Anyone connected to your network who is running the Roku app on a mobile device would be able to interact with any Roku unit connected to your home network.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
ImagiNERDing
Level 7

I have three different devices and the home network and it has a very secure password. I've checked the device list for my network and there are no uknown or strange devices.

It's odd because all three of the Roku devices will have different channels deleted and installed. 

0 Kudos