Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bartdmilligan
Level 7

Channels that I don’t want added to my home screen

Why does Roku keep adding channels that I don’t want (Xfinity, Prime) to my Home Screen. I remove them and 2 minutes later they are right back on. I have literally removed a channel only to have it appear on my Home Screen seconds later. I’ve contacted customer support asking them to knock it off. If I wanted these channels I would add them myself.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels that I don’t want added to my home screen

Hi @Bartdmilligan,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Our support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bartdmilligan
Level 7

If your talking about the number they assigned 4444713 there is no way to reply to it. That’s why I came to the blog. This company needs to reevaluate it’s “customer service”. If there is nothing you can do about this just say it and quit sending me on these wild goose chases. No one to talk to directly. All I am asking is that you modify your system to quit adding channels that I don’t want. I really don’t think it’s that big of an ask. I’ve been a Roku customer for quite a while and seems like every change you make makes it more difficult for the user. Like I said before I’m ready to drop Roku it’s becoming too much of a hassel

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you're getting unwanted channels showing up on their own it's most likely that you have one of those screensavers with tiny ads for channels scrolling by every once in a while.  Never use the Play/Pause (or OK) button as the first button you press when you pick up the Roku remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos