Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melocco
Level 8

Channels started to disappear

All of a sudden I have had the same channels disappear for the last 3 days. Amazon prime, YouTube, Apple TV, tubi, discovery+. I'm getting tiered of having to reinstall them and resign up.

I only have 1 roku and 1 roku account, so no one is deleting them. They delete while I'm watching them. 

I hope I'm not losing my mind.

I bought a new roku Ultra in December of 2020.

4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels started to disappear

@Melocco

Thanks for the post.

Are you sure that you only have one Roku device linked to your Roku account? We would recommend logging into your Roku account online and scrolling to the bottom of the page to verify how many linked devices there are to your account.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Melocco
Level 8

Yes. Only one device (new ultra) on this account. The other account (old one) I had on my parents roku and my brothers when he was in college. But no one knew the password. I deleted every one off that account then created a new account with only my main TV on it (new roku Ultra) 

I had a ultra that was about a year old, then I bought a new one and logged in to roku and deleted it from the account and did a factory reset and it's in my closet. My new roku I bought in December is what I'm using now on the new account.

Also it's the same exact channels being removed. I was watching tubi and the screen when black, reset to the home screen and tubi and all the others were gone also (same channels, nothing different).

I understand that others had others using their account, but I am using it alone on a new account. 

I may go back to using a android tv or apple tv if this keeps deleting the channels. I did see last year that roku had issues with channels being deleted and not being able to reinstall. But I'm not having that problem, I just have the same exact channels being deleted. 

Tomorrow if it happens again, I may wipe the ultra and make another account with roku and see if it happens again. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

Have you tried changing your Roku account password?

0 Kudos
Pennyann
Level 8

Exact same thing happens to me,  I think it may have to do with the express not be able to handle some channels for some reason (? Lot of bandwidth,  etc. ) This has been posted here before but so far I have not seen a real solution.

0 Kudos